Hey my sisters and brothers 🙂 The Meet N Greet had some pretty good responses so I wanted to do another to kick off the new week.
How was everyone’s weekend? Love to hear how it went, what things you have going on this week, and if there’s anything we can keep in pray for you over! Also, I’d love to carve out a conversational space on these Meet N Greets, feel free to comment on each other’s stuff and meet one another. I think it’s a great idea to build each other up in our online blogging community for Chirst!
Annnd, today’s question, in addition to the weekend catchup:
- Coffee or tea? And what are your favorites? Mine: I like to home roast coffee. My favorite region to get my beans from is Yemen, where the flavors are bold, smoky, almost sarsaparilla like with notes of berries and wine. Tea? Early grey with a splash of milk.
A couple highlights from me:
- I just posted a discussion on The Apocrypha, which has been a friendly side conversation on WP that morphed into a full blown post. Actually, it’s more of a logical puzzle. Check it out if you have a few minutes!
- Prayers please for the homeless community. This is something that has been on my heart recently. Our homeschool co-op is putting together little love baggies to hand out to the homeless in our community. It’s getting colder and colder in our neck of the woods and there are a lot of people on the streets in this winter. Take action too if you can in your area!
- I finally got to 3rd declension nouns in my Koine Greek class. Learning Greek has been a stout task, but it’s coming along nicely. God’s word is so beautiful!
- I’m actually planning on writing a novel starting in January. I had a lot of good feedback on an end times short that I wrote around the beginning of November. After a quick project scope review, I think I can be finished mid-summer of 2017.
- Random thought: this week and/or next is finals week. I hope it goes well for all of our students out there! One of my best friends is working through his junior year as a philosophy major. Needless to say, I haven’t gotten to talk with him much these past several weeks! I miss college myself. One of my hardest finals weeks ever was December 2007. I was taking Combinatorics, Partial Differential Equations, Modern Physics, and a couple other physics classes. The Starbucks on campus was open 24 hours a day that week and I literally lived at the Starbucks. One night that week I drank 9 espressos, had shaking and trembling, stayed up all night at Sbux and peed my pants on my way to my modern physics final. Not my finest moment lol. Listened to a lot of Jon Foreman, Angels and Airwaves, Better than Ezra, Yellowcard and Radiohead that month. It was super snowy too and we had a massive ice storm that knocked out power in our entire city. The university had it’s own generator so I kinda hung out there and slept at night at my parents house (I lived with them until I met my wife the following semester). It was crazy. That next semester I worked as the barista for my old church’s college coffeehouse on campus. It was super fun…but that’s a story for a different day!
Hope you all have an AMAZING week! Remember you are the apple of his eye! The treasure of his heart!
Blessings in Christ!