Hey everyone!! It has been a little too long since I posted on here! Just to catch everyone up to speed on my job situation…
- I was recently offered a position with an exciting company in my town!
Things have been going well with me. I’ve spent a LOT of time with my family at home. When you’re laid off work, you get to do all the things you never usually get to do. Like…
- Go to the zoo at 10am and stay all day
- Go grocery shopping
- Go to the library
- Take an occasional afternoon nap via Mommy while the big kids have screen time and Sophie sleeps
- Stay up every night till 1am
- Spend time with God
- Realize that even given optimal environmental conditions, the sinful nature is still so ingrained in my body, that I don’t spend enough time with God, enjoy the abundant time with my family, and am still do the things I hate to do (Romans 7:15). Change in Christ can take a loooooooong time. Which is ok. Because when sin occurs, grace increases even more so for us (Romans 5:20). But still, I want to be all God’s, not just partially. It’s a process. A lifelong process. And we have to be patient and ok with that duration of the process.
I would love to hear how all of you are doing! Leave a comment because I’ve missed discussing life with my brothers and sisters on the interwebs!! I took a brief break from WP after vacation. First it was intentional, to free up more time and mental space to worship and focus on my life. But then that rolled into the every day life and I woke up a couple days ago and realized, Hey, I haven’t blogged in like forever. Anywho….I hope everyone is great. I have kept a number of you in my prayers during these past silent weeks. As Paul wrote to the Colossians (2:5),
For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
God bless you friends and hope you are having a fabulous weekend already!